Sunday, July 8, 2012

HDR

HDR - High Dynamic Range.

Honestly I don't really know what that means.

Which is sad considering. Though I'm okay with that. I like the look of it.

Though it goes against my purest grain. I'm not a fan of digital photography other than its ability to be easier to work with.

I am a B&W film photographer at heart, and the digital age everyone has been swept up in just sort of makes me sad really. However, I can't debunk the merit of the very beautiful images that can be created with it. Though once you start changing the very nature of the image in post processing, I feel it is no longer "photography" and has then moved into "multimedia." This is a very beautiful medium and can create amazing art, but it's not the same thing anymore. It's just not.

OKAY. Now that I've stood on my soap box for a while, I think I'll come down and just say that while HDR isn't my everyday preference, I do like it when it's not over done. So this is mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment